A new word is like a fresh seed sown on the ground of the discussion.
There has been considerable progress in the just the past few years with implementing the Device Tree format on embedded platforms, particlarly in the ARM portion of the Linux Kernal. It has been an interesting an interesting time with all the growth and changes, but a little hard to locate all the different efforts underway. I've been working to collect what I can find, and index some of the topics under discussion.
References, Footnotes, and more...
- Device Tree for Dummies - Thomas Petroni
- BeagleBlack Device Tree Tutorial - Adafruit
- Xilinx Device Tree Tutorial - Xillybus
- Altera Device Tree Tutorial - Xillybus
- ARM Device Tree Support - Ubuntu
- Altera Device Tree Support - Altera
- Index of Device Tree Bindings - kernal.org
- Device Tree Graphing - kernal.org
- libfdt - manipulating FDT Blobs - David Gibson
- Linux Bootloaders - informit.com
- Device Tree PnP - Eli Billauer
- Device Tree Overlay Manager - Pantelis Antoniou
- Device Tree Overlay Proposal - Grant Likely
- BeagleBlack Univeral I/O - cdsteinkuehler
- BeagleBlack Device Tree Overlay Generator - Kilobaser
- GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black using the Device Tree Overlays- derek molloy
- Supporting 200 Different Expansion Boards - elinux.org
- DT, The Disaster so Far - Mark Rutland
- Board File to Device Tree Migration - Pantelis Antoniou
- Device Tree Overlays - Jonathon Corbet