PatternAgents Law Enforcement Policy
These policies and guidelines are established for law enforcement personnel seeking to request information about PatternAgents customer information or information regarding customer orders.
Who is PatternAgents?, What is the PatternAgents Business?
PatternAgents is a manufacturer and reseller of educational electronic products, tools, and software components. We sell components, pieces, parts, and patterns that can assembled by our users to create many different types of electronic projects, according to the designs of our end-users.
What Information does PatternAgents have about their Customers and Users?
Any public persona and profile information is a choice for the user to provide, and we do not require it. It is not verified in any way by PatternAgents, and may not be accurate.
Requests for PatternAgents User Information
PatternAgents is located in Portland, Oregon, USA, and will comply with all U.S. laws, and any valid, legal due process. As such, any request for information regarding our users, the contents of their communications, or their activities on our Web Site will require a valid U.S. search warrant for us to respond to your requests.
Requests From Non-U.S. Law Enforcement Personnel
U.S. law requires PatternAgents to respond to requests for user information from foreign law enforcement agencies that are issued via a valid U.S. court of law, either by way of a mutual legal assistance treaty, or letters rogatory. It is PatternAgents official policy to operate in a lawful manner at all times, and to respond to all such U.S. court ordered requests.
Will PatternAgents Notify its Users of any Requests for their Information?
It is PatternAgents official policy to notify its users of requests for their information prior to disclosure, unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute or court order (i.e. an order under 18 U.S.C. 2705(b)).
What Information Must Be Included in Law Enforcement Requests for Information?
If you are a recognized law enforcement agency, your request must include:
- The customer name and any products purchased that are in question,
- Specific details about what information you are requesting,
- the relationship of that specific information to your investigation,
- a valid telephone number or email, or postal address so that we may contact you directly.
Contact information for PatternAgents is provided on our Contact page. PatternAgents will only accept legal process service from law enforcement agencies delivered via postal mail. Acceptance of legal process via these means is for law enforcement agency convenience only and does not waive any objections, including the lack of jurisdiction or proper service. We will not accept any legal process service via e-mail or telephone.
PatternAgents retains different information, according to our official Data Rentention Policy. PatternAgents is a PCI Compliant Web Site, and as such, we do not retain any detailed credit card information.
Non-law enforcement requests should be sent through our regular Contact page.
- TSOC_NEOLED : LED Driver Embedded Module
- TSOC_Teensy3x : Teensy 3.2 thingSoC Adapter
- TSOC_GROVEY_I2CHUB : I2C Hub/Switch
- I2C EEPROM Emulation for Smart Devicetrees
- thingSoC nears release...
- Real-Time Location Systems for IoT
- New IoT SoCs
- More DeviceTree Flavors!
- Smart Device Trees meet Smart Objects
- Device Tree Discussions
- Smart Devicetrees
- Device Tree on Modbus
- Device Tree and Product Life Cycles
- Device Tree Overlays
- Device Tree Overview
- Sense and Sensor Abilities
- The BLOB - Binary Level OBjects
- Automatic Configuration Chains
- Small Form Factor Auto-Configuration
- MinnowBoard Lures Library
- Touch Widgets - Best Practices
- Touch Widgets How-To/Instructions
- Touch Widgets Library for Eagle
- Capacitance Sensing Introduction
- Building Your New Widget
- EagleCAD Libraries
- Quattrocycle Lighting Update
- Portland Mini-Maker Faire
- Arduino Y'un - The Next Generation